Our Run Leader Development Days series of informative and engaging workshops are aimed at leaders and coaches from affiliated clubs and RunTogether groups. They are designed to bring leaders and coaches together in an environment where they can network and learn from each other by sharing skills and challenges, plus expand their knowledge of managing and growing groups, and enhance their understanding of technical skills in running.
We are excited to announce that, for 2021, we will be able to offer virtual Run Leader Development Days online (working around the restrictions in place due to Covid-19). You can book your place now – see below for more details!
2021 Virtual Sessions
Due to Covid restrictions, our Run Leader Development Days will be delivered as a series of five engaging webinars in 2021. Chris Hollinshead will be back to support Run Leaders, giving you the skills to make your sessions fun, effective and safe.
The five webinars, held on consecutive Monday evenings from the start of February 2021 to the start of March 2021, have been designed to feature a mixture of exploring topics, tasks, group discussion and interactive Q&As, with the final webinar based around a virtual practical session. Each webinar will have a lead theme – enabling Run Leaders to develop their knowledge and skills in a wide variety of areas.
Our virtual Run Leader Development Days for 2021 are supported by our partners NURVV Run, AfterShokz and Runderwear. Scroll down to see a more detailed summary of the focus and content of each webinar as well as pricing information and links to book online.
Cost: £30 (total cost for all 5 x webinars)
Monday 1 February 2021 (7-8:30pm)
Developing confidence and redefining your offer in line with Covid guidelines
- A brief overview of the current guidelines.
- What are the challenges both leaders and runners are facing, and what are the differences that are making delivery hard?
- Potential solutions: anything from meeting locations, contactless payments, communication methods etc
- What does a Covid group run look and feel like?
Monday 8 February 2021 (7-8:30pm)
Adapting your offer
- How can you deliver sessions safely but differently?
- What are the options to deliver in Covid secure locations?
- Shaping an appropriate offer for your runners.
Monday 15 February 2021 (7-8:30pm)
- Examples of how to effectively set goals.
- Considerations for duration of them and alternative goals with limited race opportunities.
- How do virtual races fit into the competition offer?
- How do your runners get back to where they were before lockdown?
Monday 22 February 2021 (7-8:30pm)
Core skills of a LiRF – communication, confidence & clarity of thoughts
- What makes a good leader?
- How can you support your group more effectively from afar?
- Recruiting/retaining members during lockdown.
- Developing the leader.
Monday 1 March 2021 (7-8:30pm)
Virtual practical sessions
- Practical videos to support warm ups, running technique, main sessions and cool down.
- Examples of sample sessions, the importance of soft skills and aligning delivery to Covid guidelines.
- Resources that you can use after the webinar.
- Discussion on what to include in sessions and theming activities.