Movement Skills 2 is the second in a series of three progressive workshops open to all Leaders and Coaches that focus on movement patterns that underpin all athletic events.
- A reinforcement of the key concepts introduced in Movement Skills 1
- Develop your ability to coach movement based training
- An introduction to how the ability to move can influence injury potential
- Practical exposure to progressing and regressing drills and exercises based on athletic ability
- The importance of organising training strategies
- Enhanced understanding of Movement Skills 1 key concepts
- Your athletes have an enhanced opportunity to be more efficient movers
- Understand ways in which you can develop robust athletes
- An understanding of how drills and exercises can be tailored to an individual
- The ability to organise and deliver a structure progressive session
Leadership in Running Fitness, Coaching Assistant or higher
Recommendations: It is strongly recommended that coaches attend the Movement Skills workshop 1, then Movement Skills workshop 2 followed by the Physical Preparation workshop.