Movement Skills 1 is the first in a series of three progressive workshops open to all Leaders and Coaches that focus on movement patterns that underpin all athletic events.
- An introduction to movement skills to develop athletic performance
- Scientific theory of the demands placed on the body in performance
- Practical concepts covered to overcome the demands placed on the body
- Gain an understanding of the various training modalities
- Improved use of the body to perform
- An understanding of how to best challenge to perform
- Improved library of drills and exercises to implement
- The ability to implement drills and exercise within plyometric, strength and movement skill training
Leadership in Running Fitness, Coaching Assistant or higher.
It is strongly recommended that coaches attend the Movement Skills workshop 1, then Movement Skills workshop 2 followed by the Physical Preparation workshop.