Movement Skills Part 2
Movement Skills Part 2 is the second in a series of three progressive workshops open to all Leaders and Coaches that focus on movement patterns that underpin all athletic events. We have relaunched Part 2 as an online-based workshop, enabling participants to complete at their own pace. The third workshop in the series, Physical Preparation, is a face-to-face course.
- A reinforcement of the key concepts introduced in Movement Skills Part 1
- Develop your ability to coach movement based training
- An introduction to how the ability to move can influence injury potential
- Practical exposure to progressing and regressing drills and exercises based on athletic ability
- The importance of organising training strategies
- Enhanced understanding of Movement Skills Part 1 key concepts
- Your athletes have an enhanced opportunity to be more efficient movers
- Understand ways in which you can develop robust athletes
- An understanding of how drills and exercises can be tailored to an individual
- The ability to organise and deliver a structure progressive session
Leadership in Running Fitness, Coaching Assistant or higher
Recommendations: It is strongly recommended that coaches complete the Movement Skills 1 online workshop, then Movement Skills Part 2 online workshop followed by the Physical Preparation face-to-face workshop.
1.5 hours (self-paced)
Book onto a Movement Skills Part 2 online workshop through Athletics Hub.