The England Athletics’ Club Run programme is a free initiative specifically aimed at supporting road running clubs. Club Run offers participating clubs a series of practical coaching sessions led by experienced coaches to support runners, leaders and coaches in working towards improved performance at a specific event or race distance.
The latest applications window for Club Run is now closed. Read below for more information about the programme and how to apply.
Since its launch the programme has supported over 100 clubs up and down the country involving over 5,000 club runners, over 800 club leaders and coaches and a team of around 40 experienced coach deliverers.
What does Club Run involve?
Club Run provides clubs with the following:
- Three coach-led visits to your club over a 12-week period
- Three practical sessions, each lasting between 90 minutes and 2 hours
- Endurance specific warm up and cool down session components
- An experienced and qualified coach associated with the England Athletics coach development or performance programmes
- Focused & progressive sessions in line with the aspirations of the club’s runners preparing for a particular event or distance
- Support and guidance for the club’s coaches and leaders
- The opportunity for informal discussion around key topics linked to training and race preparation
Is Club Run suitable for my club?
If your club is an affiliated club with 50% or more registered runners regularly taking part in races, with leaders or coaches who are open to a visiting coach sharing knowledge, ideas and current practise, then Club Run is for you.
Club Run is not suitable for clubs predominantly with beginner or social runner membership.
Maybe your club has a group of runners looking to improve their speed, pace judgement, their times at 5k and 10k, prepare for a marathon, or put together a competitive road relay team? Whatever your focus, the Club Run programme aims to support runners and coaches in achieving more.
How does my club apply?
The latest applications window for Club Run is now closed. Clubs can submit an application at any time of year, although applications will only be reviewed at the end of each application window and due to the demand for Club Run we cannot guarantee that all clubs applying will be awarded a place.
Guidance on how to apply and an application form can be downloaded below. Please email your completed form and submit to Tom Craggs firstname.lastname@example.org – and if you have any further queries you can also contact the Club Support Manager for your area.
- Click here to download application form (DOC 90kB)
- Click here to download application guidance document (PDF 180kB)