Marsh are the appointed insurance broker for UK Athletics and the Home Country Athletics Federations. You can use the UKA Insurance Zone to access all the essential information provided as part of your affiliation, how to report an incident, some frequently asked questions and details of additional insurance options you might wish to consider. It covers insurance details for athletes, clubs and organisations, technical officials, school associations, event organisers and promoters, licensed coaches and run leaders, as well as providing thorough FAQs (frequently asked questions) and a link to report an incident.

Who is covered?

The following are automatically provided with insurance cover related to “athletics activities”:

  • England Athletics affiliated clubs and organisations
  • Regsitered athletes who are members of an affilaited club or organisation
  • Coaches and Leaders who hold a current UKA licence in the discipline being coached
  • Technical Officials who acts on behalf of a UKA affiliated club, organisation, or meeting promoter
  • UK, or Home Country Team Managers

This not only means training and competitions, but also administrative meetings, social and fundraising activities organised by a club.  For paid or unpaid coaches, this includes when undertaking coaching for other non UKA Affiliated bodies.  It covers unqualified people so long as they are under the direct control of a qualified licenced Coach or Leader and are merely carrying out instructions given to them by that Coach or Leader.

The affiliation of the Home Country Schools’ Associations to UK Athletics provides Public Liability cover for Schools’ Association promotions and events down to and including, County level. Events below County level are not included in the policy.  Other organisations that have affiliated to UKA for the express purpose of promoting /organising athletic events are automatically provided with Public Liability and Third Party insurance cover.