Who is covered?
The following are automatically provided with insurance cover related to “athletics activities”:
- England Athletics affiliated clubs and organisations
- Regsitered athletes who are members of an affilaited club or organisation
- Coaches and Leaders who hold a current UKA licence in the discipline being coached
- Technical Officials who acts on behalf of a UKA affiliated club, organisation, or meeting promoter
- UK, or Home Country Team Managers
This not only means training and competitions, but also administrative meetings, social and fundraising activities organised by a club. For paid or unpaid coaches, this includes when undertaking coaching for other non UKA Affiliated bodies. It covers unqualified people so long as they are under the direct control of a qualified licenced Coach or Leader and are merely carrying out instructions given to them by that Coach or Leader.
The affiliation of the Home Country Schools’ Associations to UK Athletics provides Public Liability cover for Schools’ Association promotions and events down to and including, County level. Events below County level are not included in the policy. Other organisations that have affiliated to UKA for the express purpose of promoting /organising athletic events are automatically provided with Public Liability and Third Party insurance cover.
You can view the latest insurance documents and more details in the UKA website Governance Section
If you have a question relating to insurance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org