With athletes from across the UK in action, the Manchester International will provide an important competition opportunity for the athletes selected to represent England in the buildup to the Commonwealth Games. The event will be held on 18 August.
England Senior Team selection
The ‘Senior’ Manchester match will consist of teams from England, Wales, Northern Ireland, the National Athletics League and Great Britain Juniors. Limited guest places will be available as well.
England Athletics Senior team selection is linked to performances at the England Senior Championships at Bedford on the weekend 17-18 July 2021 with the aim of emphasising the importance of Championship competition.
- All event winners, eligible to represent England at the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games, will be automatically picked for Manchester International Team.
- If the event winner from the Senior Championships is not eligible to represent England at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games the place will be cascaded to the first English B2022 Games eligible athlete.
If the first eligible athlete does not take up the automatic place on the Manchester team, selection will be made from consideration of the following:
- Performance at the England Athletics Senior Championships
- Performance at the England AthleticsUnder 23 Championships
- Performance at the European Under 23 Championships
- Performance at the British Championships and Olympic Trials
- Power of 10 rankings
Selection is currently planned for Tuesday 20 July.
Entry to the England Senior Championships can be made at http://england.athletics-uk.org
Manchester Team contacts for selection and information
- Shani Palmer – England Athletics Event Lead Speed: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spencer Duval – England Athletics Event Lead Endurance: email@example.com
- Nick Ridgeon – England Athletics Event Lead Throws: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darren Ritchie – England Athletics Event Lead Jumps and CE: email@example.com
- Kelly Sotherton – Team Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org
England Under 20 Team selection
The ‘Junior’ Manchester match will consist of teams from England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Great Briatin Under 18. Limited guest places will be available as well.
England Under 20 athletes will be selected for the England Team after GB select their Under 20 team to compete against the Home Countries Senior teams and the GB Under 18 Team who will compete against the Home countries Under 20 teams.
England Under 20 team selection will be made from consideration of the following:
- Performance at the England AthleticsUnder 20 Championships
- Power of 10 rankings
Selection is currently planned for Wednesday 4 August 2021
Contact for information and details about selection should be directed to Scott Grace – Team Leader England Under 20: email@example.com