The England Athletics Senior & Under-20 Combined Events meeting returns in 2022 with top-class athletes as part of the World Athletics Challenge for Combined Events. The event will be staged at the Bedford International Athletics Stadium on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 May as a Silver Standard Meeting with €10,000 prize money available.
Open to athletes from England and overseas, it is set to witness a packed weekend of outstanding competition.
Darren Ritchie, England Athletics Event Group Lead for Jumps and Combined Events, said:
“It’s great to have this fixture as part of the World Athletics Combined Events Tour. Our aim is to increase the standard of domestic competitions and hopefully this opportunity will attract international athletes to compete against the country’s top athletes as they prepare for an exciting season ahead. In addition to attracting international athletes to the competition, we can also confirm we will be running with the wind to ensure athletes have the best opportunity to perform on the day.”
- For English athletes only – entries will open on 4 April and close on 6 May, via the Roster entry system.
- For International athletes only – entries will open on 4 April and close on 6 May, with expressions of interest to be emailed to Darren Ritchie, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The number of entries will be capped for each age groups as follows:
- 40 senior men: consisting of 25 English athletes and 15 international athletes
- 40 senior women: consisting of 25 English athletes and 15 international athletes
- 40 under 20 men: no restriction on breakdown of English/international athletes
- 40 under 20 women: no restriction on breakdown of English/international athletes
Entry standards have been set for the senior event as detailed below. There is no standard set for under-20 athletes.
- Senior international male athletes – 6800 points
- Senior English male athletes – 5000 points
- Senior international female athletes – 5400 points
- Senior English female athletes – 4500 points