It is the policy of the English Cross Country Association (ECCA), backed by England Athletics, to send teams to international Cross Country events to help athletes to develop and gain experience of travelling and competing against good quality athletes from other countries, or give established athletes a chance to find form in preparation for various Trials and Championships.
Competition schedule — Winter 2022-23
- November 12 2022 — Home Countries International + UK Cross Challenge – Milton Keynes
- January 8 2023 — Elgoibar, Northern Spain
- January 22 2023 — Hannut, Belgium Cross Cup
- February 12 2023 — Diest, Belgium Cross Cup
2022 selection events
- 9 January 2022 — Elgoibar International Cross Country, Spain
Elgoibar International team | Elgoibar International report and results
- 22 January 2022 — Home Countries International, Belfast
Home Countries International team | Home Countries International report and results
- 13 February 2022 — Belgium Cross Cup
Belgium Cross Cup report | Belgium Cross Cup results
England teams are selected for the Senior age group and the IAAF Under 20 age groups for both men and women. No athlete who is under the age of 16 on the day of competition will be selected and if under 18 will be required to complete a parental consent form.
The ECCA decides on the programme of international fixtures and funds the trips. 4 athletes in each age group (Senior Men, Senior Women, Junior Men, Junior Women) are selected. Find out more on the English Cross Country website.
Athletes wanting to be considered should contact the appropriate Team Manager.