A key strength of England Athletics is how we bring together our core staff and the elected volunteer councils in our regions. The elected regional chairs from each elected council come together to form the England Council, a body which evaluates the needs and requirements of the sport in formulating proposals for consideration and action by the Board of England Athletics Ltd.
The England Council includes the Regional Council chairs, The Chair of the Board and the England Council Diversity Champion and is an advisory and best practice sharing group which works to help shape national strategy and direction. Find out more about the Regional Councils.
The chair of the England Council is elected by the members of the England Council. Two members of England Council sit on the Board of England Athletics.
England Council members
- East: Matthew Dalton (Interim Board Director)
- East Midlands: Jane Pidgeon
- London: Adrian Day | firstname.lastname@example.org
- North East: Janice Kaufman (board rep)
- North West: Jon Clarke | email@example.com
- South East: James de Vivenot (Interim Chair)
- South West: Richard Llewellyn-Eaton | firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Midlands: Stuart Paul | email@example.com
- Yorkshire and Humberside: Moira Gallagher | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diversity Champion (co-opted): Devonte Caseley-Hayford
England Council meeting dates for 2023
- Friday 17 February 2023
- Thursday 20 April 2023
- Wednesday 9 August 2023
- Tuesday 7 November 2023