We are delighted to announce details of the England Athletics 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday 15 October, starting at 11:30am, at the Hilton Metropole Hotel, NEC, Solihull, B40 1PP.
Members are encouraged to attend in person but will of course be able to participate by proxy where necessary.
We will be providing a live stream of the 2022 AGM to engage with as many of our members as possible and provide open and transparent information with regard to our governance. The live stream will be available via Zoom and will require members to register in advance of the AGM to view the meeting.
A pre-AGM webinar for our members was held on 27 September.
This was an opportunity to hear from representatives of the England Athletics’ Board of Directors on what will be discussed at the 2022 AGM, including an update on activities undertaken by the company during the last 12-months and a summary of the annual audited accounts. There was also an open Q&A session during this webinar.
To ensure members have as much time as possible to be able to consider all aspects of this year’s AGM and prepare their questions in advance, including for the pre-AGM webinar, we are pleased to be able to share the following documents:
AGM notification and agenda
2021 AGM draft minutes
- 2021 AGM draft minutes (PDF 236kB)
Annual accounts for year ending 31 March 2022
Board Director appointments
- Non-Executive Director biographies (265 kB)
On the agenda for the 2022 AGM is confirmation of the appointment of Helen Kendall as a Director of the Company through to the 2026 AGM.
On the agenda for the 2022 AGM is confirmation of the appointment of Nicholas James (Jim) Buckle as a Director of the Company through to the 2026 AGM.
On the agenda for the 2022 AGM is confirmation of the 2nd term of Janyce Holmes as a Director of the Company through to the 2026 AGM.
The England Athletics Board, through consultation with its Council network, is suggesting some minor amendments to its own Articles for member approval at the 2022 AGM.
- To state that the Nominations Committee should be chaired by an Independent Non-Executive Director (not the Chair of the Board).
- This change is a requirement of Sport England’s updated Code for Sports Governance.
- To reduce the support required for nominees from three to two, for the regional Council elections. (i.e., the nominee’s member club plus support from one additional member club).
- This topic had been discussed by council on previous occasions and the change will promote wider inclusion and open the election process up to more people that might not have a large support network within the sport.
- To adjust the level of support for member elected directors by removing the requirement of 15 votes.
- This change is being made so that smaller clubs are viewed the same as larger clubs. Therefore, support from 8 small clubs, totalling just 8 votes, would be sufficient to validate a nomination.
These changes have been made in the draft Articles and are visible via track changes:
We look forward to welcoming as many members as possible, both to the pre-AGM webinar on Tuesday 27 September and the AGM itself on Saturday 15 October.
Previous AGM Meetings
You can use the links on the right hand page menu to view documents from previous AGM meetings.