Terms and conditions for offers and competitions
From time to time England Athletics will work with partners or on its own to hold competitions offering prizes or promotional offers to our members or to people within the wider athletics community. When we hold these competitions or offers the terms, unless otherwise stated, shall be as follows:
- Competitions or offers are limited to one entry per person unless otherwise stated.
Where it is stated competitions or offers are only for registered athletes this means the following must all apply for the athlete to be eligible:
- - The athlete must be registered with England Athletics
- - An athlete registration payment for the athlete must have been processed for the year in which the offer is made - the affiliation year runs from 1 April to 31 March
- - The athlete must be a first claim member of a club affiliated to England Athletics
- - The athlete must not be subject to a ban or suspension imposed by England Athletics, UK Athletics or the IAAF and must be complying with the terms of athlete registration, including the athlete code of conduct at www.britishathletics.org.uk/governance/welfare-and-safeguarding/guidance-documents-and-resource
- No entries into competitions or offers from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. Incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries will not be accepted.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries or submissions lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure, or for posted entries not received. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Unless otherwise stated entrants/claimants must be over 18 years of age. Proof of age of winners/claimants, and their nominated co-recipient(s) where applicable, may be required.
- In competitions or offers where prizes or offers include accommodation and/or tickets for events England Athletics and its agents reserves the right to refuse entry to the winners and/or their guests if they have reason to believe that they are intoxicated or otherwise unfit to enter the venue.
- Competition winners are chosen at random from all valid entries received by the closing date. The decision of England Athletics is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances England Athletics and its agents reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Where a competition prize is for event tickets the costs for any travel and accommodation are not included unless otherwise stated
- If a prize or offer is unclaimed after a reasonable time, it will lapse and the England Athletics reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to an alternative Winner or recipient selected at random from the remaining valid entries. The length of ‘reasonable time’ will usually be one week but this may vary at the discretion of England Athletics.
- The Winners or offer recipients may be required to participate in publicity arising from the competition they have entered.
- By entering the Promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of the competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.