Officials - West Midlands
In the West Midlands we are working to supplement our existing Officials with a 'New Generation' of officials to ensure athletics can continue to the same standards and for our athletes to get the best possible support when they are competing.
The West Midlands region works closely with the Midlands Athletics Officials' Association (MAFEO) promoting and encouraging participation in officiating including workshops, social evenings, forums, development days and conferences.
- For officiating opportunities with Midland Counties contact Maureen Bullen at MBullen@mcaa.org.uk or on 0121 308 2257.
Your local England Athletics Education Coordinators manage and coordinate a comprehensive programme of Assistant Official and Level 1 courses. If there is demand, you can request a course to be held locally. UK Athletics (UKA) deliver Level 4 and the Competition Management Award courses.
- Click here to go to the courses and bookings page
- For any queries about Assistant and Level 1 courses please contact Tina Beresford (Coach, Teacher and Officials' Education Coordinator) email@example.com 07920 532558
- For any other officiating queries please contact your relevant COfSec - County Officials' Secretary (listed below)
Record of Experience Forms, Reports and Upgrading
Your completed Official's Record of Experience (RoE) form (also known previously as the Duty Sheet or The Officials' Worksheet) is due on 30th September each year. The form can be used to record officiating at competition (C), attendance at meetings (M), attendance at training in which you were the learner (L) and training for which you were the tutor (T), and it's much easier to fill it in as you go throughout the year.
- Click here to find out more about the Record of Experience form
- Click here to find out more on Officials' progression and upgrading
In the West Midlands, RoE for Level 3 (previously 2c) officials and upwards should be sent to the MSW Officials' Secretary Barry Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org (26 Field Drive, Alvaston, Derby. DE24 0HF Tel: 01332 753933). It would be useful to copy in your COfSec - County Officials' Secretary (listed below). Upgrading reports are reviewed by the Tri-Regions group which will consider upgradings and nominations for national meetings.
The West Midlands representatives appointed by the Regional council to the Tri-Regional group are:
- Field: Derek Redfern
- Track: Stewart Barnes
- Timekeeping: Margaret Afford
- Starter / Marksman: Margaret Werrett
- Photofinish: Pete Afford
West Midlands County Officials' Secretaries (COfSecs)
Endurance Officials contacts
|Endurance Officials Coordinator||Graham Jessop|
|Tri-regional endurance secretary: Midlands and South West||Paul Ross|
Tri-regional endurance peer groups: West Midlands
Your Endurance COfSec may differ from the Track and Field COfSec - click here for full COfSec listing