England Athletics are delighted to announce that our Officials’ Taster Sessions are back! Applications are now open for events coming up in the New Year – so now is the time to get your name down…
Officials and volunteers are the beating heart of our sport. The role they play within clubs and at events is invaluable; highly regarded and respected for their time, effort and expertise! If you’re interested in becoming an official, then our taster days are the perfect opportunity for you to try your hand at various officiating roles and get stuck in at very core of our sport. No previous experience or qualifications are necessary, just an eagerness to learn and to volunteer your time and energy.
As well as being free to attend, anyone who signs up and attends one of our taster sessions will receive:
- FREE Officials Kit
- Travel expenses covered (up to a maximum allowance)
- A FREE place on a Level 1 Officiating course
- The opportunity to experience officiating at a Track & Field event in various disciplines including Track Judging, Field Judging, Starter/Starter’s Assistant, Timekeeping and Photofinish
- The opportunity to experience officiating at an Endurance event in various disciplines including start line assisting/assembling athletes, course marshalling, assisting with the judging and recording at a race finish or timekeeper recording
- Mentoring from qualified and experienced officials
Officials Taster Sessions – Dates/Events:
Click here to register for Officials Taster Sessions for the following events.
Indoor Track & Field Events:
- 4-5 January 2020: England Athletics Senior and U20 Combined Events Champs – Indoor, Sheffield
- 22-23 February: England Athletics Age Group Champs – Indoor, Sheffield
- 14-15 March: England Athletics Age Group Combined Events Champs – Indoor, Sheffield
- 22 February: English Cross Country Association National Cross County Championships – Endurance, Nottingham
- 4 April: English Road Relays Association National Road Relays – Endurance, Birmingham
Nicola English, England Athletics Officials’ Development Officer, said:
“Officials are our driving force; their passion and commitment is second to none. We strive to ensure that volunteering in our sport is a rewarding and positive experience for everyone, with a pathway and opportunities to progress and develop as an official, from regional through to national level.
“Our approach and views are that whatever your background, experience and ability; we encourage, support and welcome you. This is your opportunity to take part in our taster sessions and see if officiating is something you could turn your passions to. With no need for previous experience or qualifications, our highly-skilled and knowledgeable officials will take you under their wing and you’ll have a fantastic day.”