The AAA has a fund which is able to support English athletes under the age of 23 who are in full time education and active in athletics. Registered charity Athletics for the Young are particularly interested in helping genuine hardship cases for promising young athletes.
Over recent years, it has been the policy of the charity to award small grants of £50 to £200. It is possible to apply for funds for costs including equipment and travel.
The charity offer financial help to young athletes and aim to spread their money widely to as many as possible so athletes receiving help elsewhere will not usually be awarded a grant. Applicants should not be receiving other funding and be eligible to compete for England. Applicants who apply for a grant but then go on to receive a 2024 Ron Pickering Memorial Fund (RPMF) grant will not be awarded a 2024 grant from Athletics for the Young.
- Do you compete in the sport of athletics?
- Are you in full time education in England?
- Do you have recorded Power of 10 performances?
- Do you have your own bank account?
- Has this application been completed by the applicant?
- Are you over 13 years old and under 23 years of age?
You must print out the form and post it to the address on the form (no electronic applications). Applications close 12 February 2024. Any questions, email AFTYGrgant@outlook.com.