England Athletics will have three representative teams at this year’s U20 Welsh International (Wednesday 17 August, Swansea University Athletics Stadium): England North, England South, England Midland.
The teams will compete against the other home countries in the following events:
- U20 men: 100m, Ambulant 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, Mile, 3000m, 5000 Walk, 110m Hurdles, 400m Hurdles, High Jump, Pole Vault, Shot Put, Discus, Javelin, 4 x 100m Relay, 4 x 400m Mixed Relay (two male athletes)
- U20 women: 100m, Ambulant 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, Mile, 3000m, 5000 Walk, 100m Hurdles, 400m Hurdles, High Jump, Triple Jump, Hammer, Discus, 4 x 100m, 4 x 400m Mixed Relay (two female athletes)
Selection process and criteria
Each region will be selected by its representative team managers:
- England North – Mark Tallon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- England South – Linda Whitehead: email@example.com
- England Midland – Val Day: firstname.lastname@example.org
England Athletics will provide competition kit to any athletes that haven’t received any kit within the last two years. If selected, there will be an opportunity to purchase additional Kukri performance kit.
All athletes will be required to sign a code of conduct before travel.
- Download the selection policy for the U20 Welsh International in PDF format (PDF 129kb)
- Find more track and field selection events