We are pleased to announce the six under-20 athletes who have been selected to represent England at the Norwegian Combined Events Championships on 27-28 January.
This is the first time an England team has been selected for these championships, and it is a fantastic opportunity for the junior athletes to experience an overseas competition and prepare for future international teams.
Speaking on the opportunity, England Athletics Team England Operations Manager Vicky Griffiths said:
“We are very excited to be sending such a strong team of athletes to Norway to represent England at their National Championships. The event will provide an excellent opportunity for our athletes to develop the necessary skills and experience associated with travelling abroad, all of which will be crucial for future teams.
The selected team all competed fantastically at the recent England Championships in Sheffield and will be looking to build on the points scored with the support of our excellent team of support staff and coaches. For many, this is their debut international, an excellent start to the 2024 season.
Good Luck to all!
U20 men’s heptathlon
- Conrad Winter (City of Norwich, Denis Costello) PB: 5006 points
- Sulaiman Ouiles (Cheltenham & County Harriers, Paul Wray) PB: 4969 points
- Corey Beechall (Liverpool Harriers, Alexander Wort) PB: 4914 points
U20 women’s pentathlon
- Ava John (Windsor, Slough, Eton & Hounslow) PB: 3653 points
- Neve Davenport (Trafford AC, Jessica Taylor-Jemmett) PB: 3570 points
- Frances Hogg (City of York AC, Sam Stanislaus) PB: 3526 points