Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of England Athletics Limited (Company) will be held at the Ricoh Arena, Judds Lane, Longford, Coventry, CV6 6AQ on Saturday 14th October 2017 at 11:00 for the following purposes:
1. To receive the accounts for the financial year ended 31st March 2017 together with the reports of the Directors and of the Auditor thereon.
2. To elected a member representative non-executive director in accordance with the Articles of Association
To transact any other ordinary business of the Company.
To consider and, if thought fit, to pass the following as a Special Resolution:
1. That the regulations contained in the printed document attached to this resolution be approved and adopted as the articles of association of the Company in substitution for and to the complete exclusion of the existing articles of association of the Company.
By order of the Board
Walsall Road Perry Barr
Date: Friday 15th September 2017
Click here to download the AGM Agenda (as detailed below) - PDF 194K. Further details and downloadable documents are available below.
1. To approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 15th October 2016.
Click here to download the Draft 2016 AGM Minutes - PDF 410K.
2. Matters arising from the minutes
3. To receive the Directors’ Report of the Activities of the Company during the year ended 31st March 2017. This will include a report from a member elected director
4. To receive an address from the Chairman of the National Council
5. To receive a presentation of the Company’s Financial Statements for the year ended 31st March 2017.
Click here to download the Final Signed England Athletics Accounts 2017 - PDF 1.6M
6. To appoint the Company’s Auditors for the year ended 31st March 2018 and delegate agreement of their remuneration to the Board
7. To elect a member elected director.
Click here to download the Tim Soutar Election Address 2017 PDF
Click here to download the Toks Adeniji Election Address 2017 - PDF
8. Special Resolution – Amendment of the Articles of Association
The following is proposed as a single resolution. It requires 75% of those voting (whether in person or by proxy) to be carried
That the Articles of Association of the Company be amended as per the attached schedule
1. Copies of the Company’s audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31st March 2017 are attached. This document is also available on the Company’s website at www.englandathletics.org
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint one or more proxies to attend and vote in his or her place. A proxy need not be a member of the Company. A proxy form is attached and is also available on the Company’s website at www.englandathletics.org. All proxies must be received by 11a.m. on Thursday 12th October at England Athletics Ltd. c/o Ms L Smith, Athletics House, Alexander Stadium, Walsall Road, Perry Barr, Birmingham. B42 2BE
3. There can be no amendments to a special resolution (other than any to correct clerical or spelling errors).