England Athletics will select a team of Combined Events athletes for the Home Countries Combined Events International, taking place on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 September 2022 at Mary Peters Track, Northern Ireland.
The team will be made up of Senior, U20 and U17 athletes with 2 athletes per gender, per age group selected.
The aim of the selection is to provide a development opportunity for athletes to learn the key skills, abilities and behaviours, who are aspiring to represent England and/or Great Britain & Northern Ireland at future age groups and senior major events and international team selection.
Selection Process & Criteria
- The consideration window for performances is from 1 April 2022 to 24 July 2022
- The selection panel will meet on Monday 25 July 2022 to select the team.
- The selection panel will comprise of voting members. The panel may also (at their discretion) seek assistance from anyone else that may be of help. (N.B any voting member of the panel shall declare his/her conflict of interest in respect of any selection issue and shall not be entitled to vote on that issue)
- The final team will be announced no later than Friday 29 July 2022
The following considerations will be taken into account when athletes are considered for selection:
- Results at England Athletics Combined Event National Championships
- Area Combined Event Championships
- Current form
The criteria above are not listed in any order of priority and those involved in selecting will exercise discretion fairly and without bias in making selection decisions
- Athletes will be expected to travel with the team on Friday 2 September, returning on Monday 5 September. Athlete travel/accommodation and food will be provided however travel expenses to the ‘meeting’ point will not be covered.
- England Athletics will provide competition kit to any athletes that haven’t received any kit within the last 2 years. If selected, there will be an opportunity to purchase additional kukri performance kit.
- Under 17 athletes must have written permission to travel from a parent/guardian.
All athletes will be required to sign a code of conduct before travel.