The next #RunAndTalk event will take place between Saturday 27th January and Friday 2nd February 2018. Click here for more information
#runandtalk is an England Athletics campaign supported by Mind, the Mental Health charity, to improve mental wellbeing through running by:
- getting people talking about mental health, sharing their experiences and removing stigma
- raising awareness of mental health problems
- supporting people experiencing mental health problems to start, return to and continue running
Twice a year we’re asking people to get out for a jog or run with friends, family or colleagues and have a chat to support Time to Talk Day and World Mental Health Day. Click here to find out more about #runandtalk
World Mental Health Day & #RunAndTalk
The next #runandtalk events will be held between Saturday 27th January to Friday 2nd February 2018.
England Athletics Clubs and RunTogether Groups are encouraged to set up a #runandtalk Organised Run. Below is some useful information to help you set up a #runandtalk Organised Run.
#runandtalk organised runs can only be organised an England Athletics partner, affiliated club or RunTogether Group. They MUST be led by a UKA qualified leader or coach. Other people can organise their own runs (a group of friends, colleagues, family members, etc) - they just won’t be listed on the event page list of organised runs for the general public to join.
Organising a #RunAndTalk run
- Runs can be a regular club or group run or something additional to your usual activity.
- Runs must take place between Saturday 27th January and Friday 2nd February 2018 (Time to Talk Day is on Thursday 1st February).
- Runs must be at least 1 mile long but otherwise can be any distance of your choice. Runs can include routes with various distances (e.g. a 1 mile run and a 5 mile run). Runs can include walking, jogging and/or running.
- Clubs/groups can specify age restrictions of their choice but the minimum age must be 12 years (accompanied by a parent or guardian) or 16 years (unaccompanied).
Organised runs should be open to anyone including people that are not a member of your club or group. They should be suitable for all abilities to take part including new runners.
Registering a #RunAndTalk run
- Once you've organised a run register it here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RunAndTalk
If your group or club is registered with RunTogether please also set up a #RunAndTalk run so that people can book in to your run.
If you are not registered with RunTogether and would like to advertise your event, click here for instructions.
Organised runs can be registered from 2nd January to 25th January, however organised runs registered by Thursday 18th January will receive 20 free #RunAndTalk wristbands to help promote their event.
Promoting a #RunAndTalk run
- Organised runs will be promoted nationally in England Athletics and RunTogether news and social media from Friday 19th January.
- Registered organised runs will be provided with a publicity pack including tips for marketing and promoting your event, template promotional poster and template press release to promote their runs (optional).
- Please use #RunAndTalk on social media when promoting your run(s).