Mental Health Charter
The Mental Health Charter for Sport and Recreation was developed by the sector for the sector with the support of mental health charity Mind and Time to Change.
The Charter aims to:
- create a welcoming, inclusive and positive environment for everyone to participate in sport and recreation
- encourage people to talk about mental health
support people to seek help and support when needed
By signing up to the Charter, England Athletics commits to:
- promote wellbeing
- promote and adopt good mental health policies and best practice
- promote positive messages using diverse role models and ambassadors
- tackle discrimination
- support a pan-sport approach and share resources and best practice
monitor performance, assess progress and take positive action on mental health issues
Over 150 organisations signed-up to the Charter within three months including England Athletics. We’re proud to be one of those organisations and are committed to taking positive action around mental health. We are currently working on a Mental Health Charter action plan which will outline how we will use athletics to support good mental well-being, tackle stigma and support all athletics providers to better understand mental health.
If you’d like to join us as a signatory on the Mental Health Charter, you can sign up here.