Social Media is a great potential way for clubs to share information with their members and others who may potentially be interested in the sport.
Knowing the basics of Social Media can help your club make the most of channels such as Facebook and Twitter.
However, sadly, at times Social Media can also be misused and it is important that clubs are aware of their responsibilities and how to respond to situations should they arise. Many of the responsibilities and the conduct expected of people using social media are the same as clubs should already be applying in off-line situations.
England Athletics Club Guide to Social Media
England Athletics has worked with Girling Hughes Associates to produce a detailed Guide to using Social Media for clubs.
This resource is only available to our affiliated clubs to help them make the most of their online presence, particularly using social media resources such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, but also advise how to do so safely.
The guide includes:
- Practicalities of setting up club social media presence on a number of Social Media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- How to use them effectively to publicise your club
- More specific guidance on functionality that can be useful for clubs, such as how to use Facebook Groups for smaller closed communication such as with club committees or coaching team
- What not to do: how social media can damage your impact, credibility or leave clubs exposed on welfare related grounds
- Suggested social media usage guidance for clubs to give members
This resource has been emailed to club secretaries. Clubs committee members wishing to request a copy on behalf of their club can also email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your club and official position within that club.
England Athletics Introduction to Social Media
If you have any welfare concerns relating to Social Media please click here to see our welfare section for more information or to contact a member of our welfare team.
Join us on Social Media
||Tweets by @EnglandAthletic|