England Athletics' Club Run programme is a free initiative specifically aimed at supporting road running clubs.
Club Run offers participating clubs a free series of practical coaching sessions led by coaches linked to the England Athletics coach development programmes with experience in off track running.
The Club Run sessions aim to support clubs and their runners to achieve more through their love of running.
England Athletics' series of Road Shows for the club road running community are currently taking place. The Road Shows are open to club officers, coaches, leaders and club members and offer an opportunity to find out more about some of the new and existing initiatives that aim to support road running clubs including Club Run, Masters Age Group Opportunities and Event Organisers’ Workshops, as well as an opportunity for you to share your ideas with us.
Maybe your club has a group of runners all looking to improve their speed, or learn to judge race pace, or get their times down at 5k and 10k, or prepare for a marathon, or put together a competitive 12 stage relay team or get ready for an England Championship event? Whatever your focus, the Club Run programme aims to support you with:
- Three coach-led visits to your club over a 3 month period
- Three practical coach-led sessions, each lasting between 90 minutes to 2 hours
- An experienced and qualified coach associated with the England Athletics coach development programmes
- Focused and progressive sessions in line with the aspirations of the club’s runners and leading towards helping them prepare for a particular event or distance
- Endurance specific warm up and cool down session components
- Support and guidance for the club’s coaches and leaders
The opportunity for informal discussion around key topics linked to training and race preparation
In the last eighteen months 64 clubs across the country have got involved in the Club Run programme with well over 100 club run visits having taking place to date and over 2000 running participants taking part in the sessions, involving 25 experienced coaches. A further 40+ clubs will have the opportunity to get involved in Club Run during 2018.
Applications for the next round of Club Run are now welcome from off-track and road running clubs across the country. The closing date for this next round of applications is midnight 1 March.
Affiliated road running clubs interested in taking part in Club Run should note that places on the programme are limited to around 40 clubs a year with places allocated following two application rounds. If your club is interested in submitting an application please use the form on the right hand side of this page or below to email your expression of interest to the Road Running Coordinator Charlotte Fisher on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Club Support Manager for your area.
- Affiliated road running clubs who are interested in taking part are invited to submit an application form; click here to download application form.
- If you require further information please contact Road Running Coordinator Charlotte Fisher email@example.com.
- You can use our quick link www.englandathletics.org/club-run to refer back to this page.