The committee will select the best available teams to represent England, although where shown some teams will be selected as development teams to give them experience of international competition. All events in 2019 are subject to funding and England Athletics may amend the policies at any point.
- Selectors view trials as the primary means of selecting the teams. Where there is no trial or an athlete is unable to compete in the trial race, it is the athlete’s responsibility to provide the Chair of Selectors, Duncan Richards with details of all performances they wish to be considered at the selection meeting. This information must be provided in advance of the trial race where there is one or before the advertised selection date.
- Athletes will usually be informed of their selection within a week of the trial and/or deadline for expressions of interest.
- Selection of all athletes is subject to the agreement of the athlete’s training and racing programme between the date of selection and the representative race by the committee. England Athletics reserves the right to de-select any athlete who is deemed unfit or injured in the lead up to the event.
- Athletes wishing to be selected for races abroad must have a valid UK passport for the country they are travelling to and be eligible to represent England in international competitions. The selection committee reserves the right to de-select any athlete who does not provide all the information requested (including passport details) within a week of selection.
- For all races, if the selectors believe that a minimum performance standard for selection has not been achieved, they reserve the right not to select a full team. To clarify – England Athletics do not intend to send teams to international events composed of athletes who have not demonstrated the level of performance required.
Please contact the Chair of Selectors if you require any further information:
Duncan Richards (tel: 07764 610 799, email: Duncan@intouchltd.co.uk ).
Please note that at the time of publication some of the trial dates/venues and full selection details have not been confirmed.
2019 selection events
|23rd- 24th February 2019 (evening after National XC champs)||Camp: Transition to Senior International Mountain Running - for 19-22 year olds (Leeds)||Click for info (PDF 150kB)|
|17 March||Camp: Introduction to International Mountain Running - for 14-16 year olds (Sedbergh )||Click for general info (PDF 150kB)
Click for specific info (PDF 150kB)
Click for application form (DOC 120kB)
|12-14 April||Camp: Performance in International Mountain Running - for 17-19 year olds (Ingleton Dales)||Click for info (PDF 150kB)|
|20 July 2019||Snowdon International (Llanberis, Wales)||Click for info (PDF 170kB)|
|21 September||Junior Home International (Betws–y–Coed, Wales)||Click for info (PDF 170kB)|
|21 September||Senior Home International (included in British Athletics trial for the World Mountain Running Championships)||Click for info (PDF 170kB)|
|29 September||U23 Development Race - Hochfelln Mountain Race: uphill only (Germany)||Click for info (PDF 170kB)|
|5 October||U23 Development Race - Smarna Gora Mountain Race: up and down (Slovenia)||Click for info (PDF 170kB)|
|TBC||International Youth Cup||Click for info (PDF 170kB)|