The England Athletics Hall of Fame honours those people who have made outstanding contributions to athletics and running. It was launched in 2008 with a panel of experts selecting a list of potential inductees for athletics & running fans and members of the public to vote on.
The England Athletics Awards Night sees some of our greatest athletes of all time gather to celebrate new inductees into the Hall of Fame. The event also incorporates the National Volunteer Awards – highlighting the fantastic contribution made by volunteers across the country. The night brings together the great names of the sport, with those who work tirelessly behind the scenes, to celebrate the successes of athletics and running – the sport we all love.
2019 Awards Night – Event Info
The 2019 Awards Night, supported by Track & Field Tours will take place on Saturday 12 October 2019 at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole.
The ticket application window is now closed.
- 18:30 Doors open / reception
- 19:15 Call through to dinner
- 19:30 Event starts
- 20:00 National Volunteer Awards / dinner served
- 22:00 Hall of Fame Inductee presentations
- 23:15 Event finish
- Bar open until late
- Event Dress Code: Smart
The 2019 event will see eight individuals from the world of athletics and running inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Winners will also be announced for the National Volunteer Awards in the following categories:
- Athletics or Running Club of the Year
- Athletics Coach of the Year
- Athletics Official of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Young Volunteer of the Year (14-25)
- RunTogether Group of the Year
- RunTogether Leader of the Year
- Inclusion Award
- Services to Athletics or Running
To get a taste of the excitement and celebration – watch our video from the 2018 Awards Night: