Coinciding with the start of the new track and field season, the latest version of the UKA Rules for Competition 2016 were launched on 1st April. The rule book is available for downloading at www.britishathletics.org.uk/competitions/rules/
These include important changes regarding compulsory athlete registration in competitions held under UKA Rules. It is important that athletes, club membership secretaries, team managers and others are aware of this and the associated guidance - please click here to find out more.
Affiliation and registration fees
Following the results of feedback given through the 2015 year and 2014 consultation and in recognition of the fact that, as we move towards the end of the 4 year Sport England funding cycle, future income from other sources is not yet known, the Board of England Athletics took the decision to:
- Set the athlete registration fee at £13 for 2016/17 Affiliation Year (from 1 April 2016)
- Hold the club affiliation fee at £100
- Retain the current process for administering fees (through clubs)
In this section you will find some resources to help you with your club affiliation and in keeping your information up to date:
- Benefits of Affiliation
- Guidance for clubs on how to use the Club Portal
- Contact details for Membership Services
- Athletics clubs in England
- Checks on athlete registration
- Athletes moving clubs
- Insurance cover
- Creating a new club
Foreign Athlete Registration with UKA
Clubs affiliated to England Athletics gain many advantages. Read about them here.
Club affiliation and athlete registration form part of the UKA Rules for competition. Eligibility to enter competitions as a club or individual depends on affiliation (club) and registration (individual) status. Please see www.englandathletics.org/clubs--community/club-affiliation/athlete-registration-2016 and www.britishathletics.org.uk/competitions/rules for full information.
The Club Portal can be accessed by membership secretaries at www.englandathletics.org/editmyclub. The Club Secretaries Portal guide can be accessed by clicking here.
The club portal now allows clubs to administer their club's membership payments online, including members being able to pay their membership fee (according to the category of membership the club has allocated them to) online. You can see more about recent improvements to the Secretaries' Portal here.
Club secretary resources
For more information on how to keep your affiliation records up to date and use the Seretaries Portal, please see the attached documents on the right hand side of this page including:
- Affiliation Guidelines
- The Club Secretaries Portal guide which can be accessed by clicking here.
- Affiliation Portal Help and FAQ
- Club Portal - Club membership fees resource FAQ
If you have any further queries relating to affiliation please contact us via www.englandathletics.org/contactus or 0121 347 6543.
Reducing your Membership Secretary's admin
Encouraging your club members to visit www.englandathletics.org/myprofile and keep their own profile up to date will minimise the updating work needing to be done by the club secretary.
It also means that day-to-day information athletes want can be delivered directly to them in accordance with the options they have ticked on their profile.
If you have a problem or query relating to club affiliation or athlete registration you can contact membership services:
You can view a document showing the athletics clubs there are in England, and whether they have a paid up affiliation. The latest document can be found in the download list on the right hand side of this page (below if on tablet/phone). If you have any queries with this information please contact Membership Services via www.englandathletics.org/contactus or 0121 347 6543
England Athletics and UKA will continue to work in partnership with competition providers to ensure that checks on England Athletics registration are carried out.
We will also include use of Power of 10 to check athletes featuring in results submitted to Power of 10 hold the appropriate England Athletics registration.
Forms and information on the processes for an athlete moving clubs are available for download on the right hand side of this page. The form to be filled out is 'Change of first claim club' instructions on information on the process are given in 'Athletes guide to change of club'. Our Athletes section contains the Eligibility Decisions for each month. Also on the right is an application form which should be completed by those athletes wishing to compete for a new Club in a discipline for which their First Claim Club does not affiliate.
One benefit of becoming an affiliated club is the insurance cover associated with this. For more details on the insurance cover provided via UK Athletics please click here.
We have produced a document outlining the process and criteria for creating a new athletics club. Please see our Guidance for New Club Applications for Affiliation document.
Please note the following important changes with regards to Foreign Athlete registration which took effect from 2014.
- As from 1 April 2014 registration as a Foreign Athlete with UK Athletics no longer included athlete registration with England Athletics.
- As from 1 April 2014 athletes who have been registered as Foreign Athletes also needed to be registered as an athlete with England Athletics in the same way as a non-foreign athlete, including the payment of the relevant England Athletics registration fee for athletes.
- For Foreign Athlete registrations please use the Foreign Athlete Registration with UKA Form available at the right hand side/ bottom of this page.
- For registering any foreign athletes for the remainder of 2014 please contact Membership Services at email@example.com or on 0121 347 6543.