Officials - East Midlands
We would like to thank all officials who regularly give up their time to officiate at events across the East Midlands every week! The hard work and dedication of officials throughout the region is vital for the development of the sport and if it was not for officials volunteering their valuable services it would not be possible to hold the numerous Road Running, Track & Field and Cross Country events that are held across the region each year.
The East Midlands region works closely with the Midlands Athletics Officials' Association (MAFEO) promoting and encouraging participation in officiating including workshops, social evenings, forums, development days and conferences.
- For officiating opportunities with Midland Counties (for Leicestershire and Rutland, Northamptonshire, and Nottinghamshire officials) contact Maureen Bullen at MBullen@mcaa.org.uk or on 0121 308 2257.
- For officiating opportunities with Northern Counties (for Derbyshire and Lincolnshire officials) contact Paul Yates at email@example.com.
Your local England Athletics Education Coordinators manage and coordinate a comprehensive programme of Assistant Official and Level 1 courses. If there is demand, you can request a course to be held locally. UK Athletics (UKA) deliver Level 4 and the Competition Management Award courses.
- Click here to go to the courses and bookings page
- For any queries about Assistant and Level 1 courses please contact Tina Beresford (Coach, Teacher and Officials' Education Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org 07920 532558
- For any other officiating queries please contact your relevant COfSec - County Officials' Secretary (listed below)
Record of Experience Forms, Reports and Upgrading
Your completed Official's Record of Experience (RoE) form (also known previously as the Duty Sheet or The Officials' Worksheet) is due on 30th September each year. The form can be used to record officiating at competition (C), attendance at meetings (M), attendance at training in which you were the learner (L) and training for which you were the tutor (T), and it's much easier to fill it in as you go throughout the year.
- Click here to find out more about the Record of Experience form
- Click here to find out more on Officials' progression and upgrading
In the East Midlands, RoE for Level 3 (previously 2c) officials and upwards should be sent to the MSW Officials' Secretary Barry Parker at email@example.com (26 Field Drive, Alvaston, Derby. DE24 0HF Tel: 01332 753933). It would be useful to copy in your COfSec - County Officials' Secretary (listed below). Upgrading reports are reviewed by the Tri-Regions group which will consider upgradings and nominations for national meetings.
The East Midlands representatives appointed by the Regional council to the Tri-Regional group are:
- Field: Liz Pearson
- Track: Jane Pidgeon
- Timekeeping: Colin Palmer
- Starter / Marksman: John Hallatt
Photofinish: Ian Anholm
East Midlands County Officials' Secretaries (COfSecs)
|Derbyshire:||Mike Heffernan||01332 571257 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Leicestershire and Rutland:||Cherie D'Silva||0116 2713661 email@example.com|
|Northamptonshire:||Graham Curtis||01536 744390 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nottinghamshire:||Gwen Hines||01909 591298 email@example.com|
Endurance Officials contacts
|Endurance Officials Coordinator||Graham Jessop|
|Tri-regional endurance secretary: Midlands and SW||Paul Ross|
Tri-regional endurance peer groups: East Midlands
Your Endurance COfSec may differ from the Track and Field COfSec - click here for full COfSec listing