The volunteer, the club, the coach, the official…
The Volunteer Awards 2019 are our chance to celebrate and recognise the unsung heroes amongst all of our volunteers in the athletics and running community – it can’t happen without them. Regional winners are put forward to an external panel for the chance to win one of our prestigious National Awards, with the overall winners announced at the 2019 National Volunteer Awards and Hall of Fame Ceremony, on Saturday 12 October 2019 at the Hilton NEC.
There are nine different award categories:
- Athletics or Running Club of the Year: recognising both the achievements of a club, as well as demonstrating ongoing commitment and passion through the opportunities they have given to everyone involved in the club over the last 12 months.
- Athletics Coach of the Year: recognising an individual who has demonstrated their passion and commitment for coaching within athletics.
- Athletics Official of the Year: recognising an enthusiastic official who makes a brilliant contribution to Athletics in their local area, club or region.
- Volunteer of the Year: Recognising the efforts of a volunteer who is seen as invaluable within their club, local area or region.
- Young Volunteer of the Year (14-25): Recognising the efforts and achievement of a young volunteer (14-25) who is making significant contributions to their local club, area or region.
- RunTogether Group of the Year: Recognising a RunTogether Group that provides friendly, supportive and welcoming group running opportunities in their community.
- RunTogether Leader of the Year: Recognising a RunTogether Run Leader who is successfully engaging a broad range of runners in friendly, supportive and welcoming group running opportunities in their community.
- Inclusion Award: Recognising the exceptional and inclusive work done by an individual, club, group and/ or other community organisations to support the development of athletics / running by under-represented groups either on a local, regional or national level.
- Services to Athletics or Running: Recognising long-term outstanding service to the sport from an individual or group of individuals.
These awards are proudly supported by Track & Field Tours.