The runbritain Race Directors’ Club has been created to be a resource to help race organisers to deliver better events. After registering and logging in you can access:
- Support and information such as the Race Directors’ Handbook plus the fact sheets which support this
- Licensing – Firstly, apply for a licence for your event. On successful application your event is automatically added to the event diary and the facility to open your race to online entry on the main site will become available.
- You are also then entitled to access the runbritain Race Director Courses at accredited and intermediate level
Race Directors’ course
The courses, run by UKA, includes:
- Working with public partners and organisations
- Race rules
- Understanding legal and administration issues for the 21st century road race
- Medical provision
- Making the most of IT in delivering a successful road race
- Briefing marshals /stewards best practice
- The key to a safe race – health and safety
Click here for more information on other road running courses and development opportunities.