Who should go on this course?
Anyone aged 14 or over who wishes to work under the supervision of a qualified UKA Technical Official in a specific discipline (choice of Track, Field, Timekeeping, Photofinish and Starter/ Starter’s Assistant) with a view to becoming a qualified official (when aged 16 or over).
How many days will it take?
One day, with no assessment.
What will I learn?
After completing the course candidates will have a knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Appropriate attire/ equipment
- Ability to follow duty sheet
- Knowledge and application of rules relevant to the role (specific to Track Judge, Field, Starter’s Assistant, Timekeeper, Race Walking or Photofinish)
- Relationship with other officials
- Relationship with athletes
- Health and Safety
You will be able to work under the supervision of a qualified UKA Technical Official in a specific discipline (Track, Field, Timekeeping, Photofinish, Race Walk and Starter / Starter’s Assistant) with a view to becoming a qualified official. You can become a Licensed Level 1 Official by:
- Being aged 16 or over attending a minimum of four athletics meetings
- Operating under the supervision of a qualified UKA Technical Official
- Recording and submitting to England Athletics evidence of undertaking a variety of roles
- Undertaking an enhanced DBS check