To start your Officiating journey, you must complete a Level 1 qualification, with the discipline of your choice, choosing from
Field Judge, Track Judge, Timekeeper, Starter, Race Walking, Endurance and Photofinish.
Only one discipline needs to be completed, plus an online Health & Safety course which you should book onto first (before your discipline module) and the online Safeguarding in Athletics course.* Endurance officials should also complete the Risk Awareness course.
Courses currently available (updated regularly)
- 21 June, 5 July, 15 July: Track Judge
- 3 July: Field Judge
- 12 July: Starter / Starter’s Assistant
- 20 July: Timekeeper
Book a course
- Click here to book on a course via our Athletics Hub booking platform (£20 per person per course).
- Click here to download booking Terms and Conditions (PDF 90kB)
- *Safeguarding course must be completed from 1 April 2022 if not yet licensed. From 1 July licensed officials will be required to complete the safeguarding course at the point of re-licencing. Click to find out more on the UK Athletics website.
>>>>> Click here to go to Step 2 >>>>>