National Officials' Forum
On Saturday 2nd April 2016 working in partnership with British Athletics, England Athletics delivered the 2016 County Officials' Secretary Forum (previously known as England Athletics National Officials' Forum).
In light of the feedback that we received from previous forums we felt that it would be a positive step to re-position the forum to coincide with British Athletics Officials' Conference. The forum will replace both the England Athletics National T&F and Endurance Official Forums.
The forum is an opportunity for England Athletics and British Athletics to say “thank you” for the sterling work that you do within your respective geographic areas as well as discussing the potential to catalyse further development to increase the number of active licenced officials. Hopefully this is an ambition you’ll share with us.
The aims of the forum are:
- To provide a forum to stimulate the sharing of best practice in officiating.
- To provide a forum that will coordinate the production of England Officials' journals / newsletters.
- To provide a forum for the sharing of important policy dissemination from within and outside of England (particularly from UK level) down to the grass roots level.
- To provide a forum through which policy can be influenced upwards, particularly at UK level.
- To provide a forum that brings together representatives from the North, Midlands & South West and Southern England areas to plan the ongoing conference and development programmes for officials during that calendar year – to agree conference themes and formats.
- To provide a forum to tackle any issues relating to the education and course provision for officials in England provided by England Athletics and British Athletics.
To provide a forum that can help to improve general communication at all levels and between all areas of the country.