UK Member's Council (UKMC) nominations invited
Nominations are invited for three roles on the UK Member’s Council (UKMC), the custodians of the long-term interests of athletics in the UK.
To ensure the activities of UK Athletics are endorsed by the sport as a whole, the UK Members Council consists of:
- A President and Vice President
- A representative from each of the four National Associations
- Three club representatives, one of whom will represent clubs without a track and field section, to ensure the full breadth of clubs has a voice
- One person each representing coaching, officials, and road running
- Any Briton currently serving as an IAAF Council Member
Up to two additional members, selected by the above for their expertise, ideally with experience of being an international athlete
Three elections will be held for three posts on the council. These are:
1) Representative of Affiliated Clubs of the Celtic Nations
2) Representative of Affiliated Clubs of the National Associations practising disciplines of athletics other than track and field athletics
3) Representative of Senior Coaches
All will be held in accordance with Election regulations
Full details are outlined in the Timetable document. Please read this carefully.
Other details about the UKMC and downloadable nomination forms can be found at: www.uka.org.uk/governance/uk-members-council
The deadline for nominations will be noon on Thursday 19 October 2017.