Preliminary Notice of the Amateur Athletic Association AGM
In accordance with Article 7(B) of the Articles of Association, preliminary Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Amateur Athletic Association will be held in the Olympic Suite at Alexander Stadium, Birmingham on Thursday 8th March 2018 at 12 noon for the following purposes:
The meeting is for the purposes of transacting the following business:
1) To receive the Annual Report and Accounts for the year ending 30th September 2017.
2) To elect the Officers. In accordance with Articles 7(C) and 13(A) of the Articles of Association a Member is entitled to submit nominations which must be received by the Secretary at the address of the Association (at the top of the page) not later than close of business on 19th January 2018. The positions open to nominations are (current Officers shown in brackets):
The Chairman (Walter Nicholls)
The Honorary Secretary (Walter Nicholls)
The Honorary Treasurer (Martin Etchells)
3) In accordance with article 7(E)(v) of the Articles of Association, to accept representatives from Road Running, Cross Country and Track and Field disciplines as selected by the representative working group for each such discipline. The representative for Cross Country Is also to represent Fell Running and the representative for Track and Field is also to represent Race Walking and Tug of War.
4) In accordance with article 16(B) of the Articles of Association, to renew the tenure of such Directors of the Association as may have been appointed by the Management Board since the last Annual General Meeting.
5) To elect the Inspector of the Accounts and agree their remuneration.
6) To consider any resolutions submitted in accordance with Articles 7(C) and 9(A) of the Articles of Association, notice of which will be given in the notice convening the meeting.
Pursuant to the Articles of Association, Final Notice of the Annual General Meeting will be given in due course. If you would like the Final Notice and accompanying documents sent to you in the post or via email please contact Carolyn Newton before 3rd February 2018 via Post: AAA, Unit 11 Wincham Avenue, Cheshire, CW9 6GB Phone: 01928 732 228 Email: email@example.com and she will forward them as requested to your postal or email address. The Final Notice will be sent to one club officer only.
The Final Notice will be posted here on the England Athletics website, www.englandathletics.org/aaa-agm on the 8th February 2018.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
14th December 2017
Go to www.englandathletics.org/AAA to find out more about the Association