New eLearning course ‘Coaching People with a Visual Impairment’
British Blind Sport and UK Coaching have created a new eLearning course 'Coaching People with a Visual Impairment'.
This new course raises awareness of the crucial role coaches’ play in helping people with visual impairments (VI) overcome barriers to participation in sport and physical activity, complementing UK Coaching’s ‘Person-centred’ principle of great coaching.
Packed full of helpful tips, practical solutions and vibrant videos, the 6 modules will increase your knowledge, assurance and skills to be able to coach people with a visual impairment.
- Gain a greater understanding of sight loss and eye conditions
- Explore practical solutions to barriers to participation and help meet individual needs
- Explore some of the safety considerations to ensure a fully accessible and inclusive environment for people with a visual impairment
- Learn how to make adaptations to specific elements of session planning and delivery using the STEP model
- Understand how to communicate effectively and guide individual
The course costs £8.99 and lasts approximately 2 hours.