Has YOUR club taken advantage of our Club Run programme?
England Athletics' Club Run programme is a free initiative specifically aimed at supporting road running clubs. Participating clubs receive a free series of practical coaching sessions led by coaches linked to the England Athletics coach development programmes with experience in off track running. 2018 appllciations are now open.
Maybe your club has a group of runners all looking to improve their speed, or learn to judge race pace, or get their times down at 5k and 10k, or prepare for a marathon, or put together a competitive 12 stage relay team or get ready for an England Championship event? Whatever your focus, the Club Run programme aims to support you with:
- Three coach-led visits to your club over a 3 month period
- Three practical coach-led sessions, each lasting between 90 minutes to 2 hours
- An experienced and qualified coach associated with the England Athletics coach development programmes
- Focused and progressive sessions in line with the aspirations of the club’s runners and leading towards helping them prepare for a particular event or distance
- Endurance specific warm up and cool down session components
- Support and guidance for the club’s coaches and leaders
The opportunity for informal discussion around key topics linked to training and race preparation
Applications for the next round of Club Run are now welcome from off-track and road running clubs across the country. The closing date for this next round of applications is midnight 1 March.
Find out more and apply at www.englandathletics.org/clubrun