England Athletics Marathon championships results
The England Athletics Marathon championships were incorporated into the Virgin Money London Marathon held on Sunday 23rd April.
We can now announce the England Athletics Marathon individual championships results.
1. Alyson Dixon (Club: Sunderland Strollers, Coach: self-coached)
2. Charlotte Purdue (Club: Aldershot, Farnham, and District AC, Coach: Nic Bideau)
3. Tracy Barlow (Club: Thames Valley AC, Coach: Nick Anderson)
1. Scott Overall (Club: Blackheath & Bromley AC, Coach: Alan Storey)
2. Matthew Sharp (Club: Enfield & Haringey AC, Coach: Geoff Watkin)
3. Aaron Scott (Club: Lincoln Wellington AC, Coach: Nick Anderson)
Provisional club championships results will be announced following checks being made on club vests (as per UKA Rules for competition).
The top three women's times are all within the Commonwealth Games qualification standard (sub 2.34.00), which puts them in contention for selection later in the year. Achieving the qualifying standard does not guarantee selection for the Commonwealth Games as there are several criteria to take into account.
The Selection Panel will prioritise athletes they believe can realistically win a medal at the Games. In coming to this decision, the Selection Panel will consider, in any order that they see fit, the following factors:
- The Commonwealth ranking lists at the time of the selection meeting;
- Each athlete’s consistency of performances within the stated qualification period;
- Each athlete’s previous National and International Championships performances;
- Head to Head performances within the stated qualification period; and
- Any other factor(s) which in the panel’s opinion will impact on an athlete’s ability to win a medal in the Games.
Go to www.englandathletics.org/commonwealth-games for more Commonwealth Games selection information
Go to www.englandathletics.org/teams for more England Athletics team selection information
Photographs by Mark Shearman