Club Run Applications now open until 16 September
England Athletics are pleased to announce the next application window for Club Run is now open. Currently 40 road running clubs are enlisted on this year’s programme with a further 20 places open in this next round. Scroll down for further details and an application form.
Club Run is aimed specifically for road running clubs and aims to support competitive members, leaders and coaches through a series of visits from an experienced coach deliverer. Over the last few months a number of clubs have reported back on their experience of Club Run.
Burnham Joggers were one such club having recently completed their three Club Run sessions under the guidance of Rob McKim and found it helped greatly with a common challenge for off track clubs. "The impact for the coaches was really dramatic. Rob role-modelled coaching large, mixed pace and experience groups, which we had been struggling with." said Jenny Zaremba who is working towards her Coach in Running Fitness.
Rob shares his top tips with Jenny Zaremba and Burnham Joggers (direct link)
- Following a recent visit to Dorset Doddlers by Regional Endurance Lead, Tom Craggs, the Head Coach Ian Pollard shared his thoughts on their first session: "It was excellently pitched; ideal content - technical and practical; warm welcoming delivery. It was perfect for the evening and a hugely enjoyable and beneficial session, Tom created a brilliant training environment to encourage both individual and collective club development."
- Whilst over in rural Herefordshire at Wye Valley Runners with the support of Kerry Newell, the Club Chairman Martin Flowers reported that "People felt that their running form had approved, as well as being more motivated to put more variety into their training." Martin went on to add, "before the sessions we had no-one actively coaching apart from the Chairman. We now have at least 6 potential LIRFs who are considering attending the course."
In the North East, members of Ashington Hirst Running Club worked with visiting coach Darren Reevell, for whom this was his first experience as a coach deliverer on the programme. "They were a great bunch and I thoroughly enjoyed delivering the sessions. It's a real pleasure to work with such a nice group of coaches, leaders and runners." said Darren.
The Club Run experience has been a positive for both clubs and deliverers alike with coaches having the opportunity to connect with like-minded running enthusiasts outside of their regular coaching environments and making lasting connections made beyond the last visit.
Ashington Hirst’s lead coach Alf Margison stated, "I was particularly impressed with all the information that Darren gave us and the fact that we could keep in touch."
Club Run is FREE to clubs, although places are limited to 20 in this current round. The closing deadline for applications is midnight 16th September.
For those clubs who are successful in their application delivery of the Club Run sessions will take place between October 2018 and March 2019 with dates to be arranged between the club and their assigned coach deliverer.
- Click here for more information
- Click here to download Application Form
- You can find our Club Run web section at www.englandathletics.org/clubrun
Pictured: Tom Craggs at Dorset Doddlers