BOOK NOW - Free sessions to help your club in recruiting and retaining volunteers
Our Team Spirit Champions session are now underway and helping clubs develop the best ways to attract volunteers, and of ensuring their volunteers have an enjoyable and effective involvement in the sport. You can book now and read below how a range of people from clubs have already benefitted from these Spirit of 2012 funded sessions.
Places are limited so please book now!
- Monday 12 March: Rushcliffe 6:30pm-8:30pm - Click here to book at Rushcliffe
- Monday 12 March: Lee Valley 6:30pm-8:30pm - Click here to book at Lee Valley
- Sunday 18 March: Bracknell 11:00am-1:00pm - Click here to book at Bracknell
- Thursday 22 March: Cheltenham 6:30pm-8:30pm - Click here too book at Cheltenham
- Monday 26 March: Leeds 6:30pm-8:30pm - Click here to book at Leeds
- Tuesday 27 March: Marlow 6:30pm-8:30pm - Click here to book at Marlow
- Wednesday 28 March: Warrington 6:30pm-8:30pm - Click here to book at Warrington
- Saturday 28 April: Birmingham 2:30pm-4:30pm - Click here to book at Birmingham
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What they have said about the sessions so far
"I found the session really enlightening,” said Chris from the Yate session. "And I see recruitment and retention of club volunteers differently having attended this session. Being able to discuss challenges and how to overcome them with other people in my area was really useful. Assuming my committee agree, I think I have some actions I can take forward to improve things immediately!”
Simon from the Trafford session agreed: "I think the reasons for volunteering and the volunteering principles we discussed makes me feel more comfortable asking others to participate. It gives me some assurance that others will have their own reasons to help and some ideas of how to make it inviting and sustainable. We managed to create a list of volunteering opportunities which are now on display on our noticeboard and online. Perhaps more importantly, I found out one of the lads in my training group is quite keen to volunteer, and he's already helped write a race report."
Funded by Spirit of 2012, these free-to-attend sessions are taking place nationwide throughout March. These fast-paced, interactive sessions will send you back to your club with plenty of ideas to bring bigger smiles to the faces of the people that make our sport happen: you, the volunteers!