Sight Loss Awareness and Guide Running workshop (Lincoln)
Venue: Yarborough Leisure Centre, Riseholme Road, Lincoln Lincolnshire LN1 3SP
Description: The Sight Loss Awareness and Guide Running workshop enables Leaders, Coaches and Volunteers to attract and support more visually impaired (VI) people to athletics and running.
The workshop includes both theory and practical and will cover:
- Information on types of visual impairment and common sight loss conditions
- Appropriate terminology and behaviour
- Making sessions VI friendly
- Guide running top tips, safety
- Guide running practical sessions
Further support and resources
You need to be aged 18+ to attend.
There is no assessment.
Time: 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Cost: £20 for UKA licensed Coaches or Leaders, or affiliated Clubs. £30 for not UKA licensed Coaches, or non-affiliated Clubs. You will be licensed and insured as a result of attending the course.
To book: Click here to go direct to booking page; registration closing 5 June 2018