England Athletics will be holding a conference looking at physical preparation to give coaches an in depth understanding of the benefits of building a robust athlete through implementing physical preparation principles throughout their training programmes.
The two days include an overnight stay and the chance to network with other coaches from across the country. We have also secured Olympian Phil Brown to attend these events who will be delivering an insightful and entertaining after dinner talk.
The conference to be held in Somerset is targeted at qualified coaches with trained leaders and assistant coaches who are looking to progress also welcome to attend.
The first day is a full day theory and practical session delivering the popular England Athletics Physical Preparation workshop. This workshop will look at learning and developing:
- the coaching eye to be able to identify movement dysfunction in an athlete
- how to carry out functional movement screening that will support the development of your athlete
- the use of various tools, equipment and methods to deliver appropriate drills to correct identified deficiencies in physical competencies.
- how to confidently select and introduce key drills and exercises into your everyday training programme in order to develop an athlete
The second day is a practical session that builds on day 1 and allows coaches to work in event groups to implement the ideas and techniques learnt from the previous day. The workshop will cover
- practical examples of how to build movement screening and corrective drills / techniques into everyday training programmes
- an opportunity to work with other coaches to deliver sessions and practically utilise the learning from day 1
- take part in problem solving exercises set by the lead coaches for your event groups
- Q&A session with lead coaches
Overnight delegates booking a twin or single room before 31st December 2018 receive a £50 discount on the usual rate