On Sunday 3 March England Athletics will be holding Regional Technical Days with athletes able to attend for sessions focussed on speed, endurance, jumps or throws. These days are for athletes of all abilities, aged between 11 and 18, and their coaches.
The sessions are being organised by top coaches and are being run for the benefit of all athletes and coaches wishing to develop in their events or event areas, or even explore an event for the first time. Costing £20 per coach (athletes free), the sessions for each of these four event groups will be held at all four of the locations available nationwide specifically covering:
- Speed – 100m, 200m, 400m, sprint hurdles
- Endurance – 800, 1500, 5000m, steeplechase, cross country and road running
- Jumps – long jump, triple jump and high jump (pole vault will be covered separately)
- Throws – shot, discus, hammer and javelin
You can book at the following venues
- Colchester – to book please go to www.ulearnathletics.com/cpdEvent/88808
- Birmingham Alexander Stadium – to book please go to www.ulearnathletics.com/cpdEvent/88809
- Millfield School Outdoor Track – to book please go to www.ulearnathletics.com/cpdEvent/88811
- Sport City Manchester – to book please go to www.ulearnathletics.com/cpdEvent/88810
For Further information you can contact James Hillier at – email@example.com.Or to find out more about these and other event specific opportunities available to you please see the event specific development pages on our website:
England Athletics Head of Coach & Athlete Development Martin Rush said, “These days provide a great opportunity for coaches and athletes to come together, learn, share ideas and do some event specific training together.
“The structure of each day means coaches and athletes can benefit from both event specific workshops and sessions, and spend time looking at some core subjects in which coaches have told us they would like to build their knowledge and expertise.
“The days are also always a very good chance to share ideas, and build up contacts and connections with other likeminded coaches and athletes who want to continue to improve and development.”
Each event group and each venue will deliver activities including:
- General physical preparation ideas for a developing athlete
- Functional movement screening
- Keeping athletes healthy
- Movement efficiency
- Identifying physical limitations that could inhibit performance
- Consideration of event – details to come
- Coaching interventions and strategies
- Expert guidance & support from our England Athletics Experts
The timetable for each day is as follows:
9:30 to 10:00 – Arrival & Registration
10:00 to 12:00 – Physical preparation/movement screening. Functional movement screening using exercises to identify physical limitations that could inhibit performance and progression. The session will include some presentation but will be largely practical with ideas to take back to a club environment specifically for athletes aged 11 – 18.
12:00 to 1:00 – Lunch. Not provided by England Athletics. Athletes arrive for the afternoon practical sessions
1:00 to 2:30 – 90 minutes Event Specific presentation / session
2:30 to 4:00 – 90 minutes Event Specific Practical presentation / session
4:00 to 4:30 – Question and Answers.
The Physical Preparation sessions are being run by expert practitioners including Rob Earle & Guy Spencer, Julie Dodoo, Mark Brace, Nick Ridgeon & Graham Pilkington.
Many of the other activities will also be delivered by our Regional Coach Leads. You can find out more about our Regional Coach Leads by clicking here