If you are a coach who wants to have robust athletes through implementing physical preparation principles throughout their training programmes we have a conferences, and a series of workshops to help you.
Taking place on Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 March the two day conference includes an overnight stay and the chance to network with other coaches from across the country. We have also secured Olympian Phil Brown to attend this events who will be delivering an insightful and entertaining after dinner talk.
The conference to be held in Somerset is targeted at qualified coaches with trained leaders and assistant coaches who are looking to progress also welcome to attend. The first day is a full day theory and practical session delivering the popular England Athletics Physical Preparation workshop. This workshop will look at learning and developing:
- the coaching eye to be able to identify movement dysfunction in an athlete
- how to carry out functional movement screening that will support the development of your athlete
- the use of various tools, equipment and methods to deliver appropriate drills to correct identified deficiencies in physical competencies.
- how to confidently select and introduce key drills and exercises into your everyday training programme in order to develop an athlete
The second day is a practical session that builds on day 1 and allows coaches to work in event groups to implement the ideas and techniques learnt from the previous day. The workshop will cover
- practical examples of how to build movement screening and corrective drills / techniques into everyday training programmes
- an opportunity to work with other coaches to deliver sessions and practically utilise the learning from day 1
- take part in problem solving exercises set by the lead coaches for your event groups
- Q&A session with lead coaches
Overnight delegates booking a twin or single room before 31st December 2018 receive a £50 discount on the usual rate
If you are not able to attend either of these conferences we also hold workshops on physical preparation. To find out more about these please go to https://www.englandathletics.org/coaching/development/physical-preparation/