A range of opportunities are available for throws coaches throughout the year, these include:
- National Level Coach and Athlete Days – held regionally
- Regional Coach & Athlete Development Days
- Other supported throws activities
National Level Coach and Athlete Days held regionally
These activities will be targeted at all throws coaches with the aim of bringing the throws community, coaches and athletes, together to network and drive performance. All sessions will involve practical activity. We will aim to use high quality deliverers with years of experience in athletics and other sports/services and will cascade down information from the British Athletics Futures and Performance programmes. The national activities will be delivered by the Regional Coach Leads and other leading coaches and include;
- Practical activity with athletes to contextualise learning and development. Clearly mapped content will be detailed in the promotion of the events.
- Three or four days per year with invited coach and athlete pairs and open to all coaches
- Places may be limited
Contact Martin Rush, email@example.com, for more details.
Regional Coach and Athlete Development Days
|3 March 2018||
Regional Coach Leads
- North – Nick Ridgeon – firstname.lastname@example.org
- South/South East – Rob Earle – email@example.com
- Midlands – Rob Careless – firstname.lastname@example.org
- South West – Mo Pearson – email@example.com
Event specific activity delivered by UK and world leading practitioners. Details are published as events are announced.
Lincs Throws Academy with Geoff Capes
The academy includes coaching for both shot and discus with both athletes and their coaches welcome to attend.
The sessions are led by Geoff Capes – Level 4 Coach as well as England Athletics Hall of Fame Inductee, Commonwealth Games and European Indoor Champion – with support from Lewis Capes (Level 2 Throws coach).
They take place on Sundays throughout the winter at Holbeach Youth Centre, Boston Rd, Holbeach, Spalding PE12 7LR at a cost of £5 per session.
The academy also runs a series of Graded Indoor Shot Competitions which will take place on 20 January 2019, 17 February 2019 and 17 March 2019. These cost £7.50 to enter.