The England Athletics Event Group Lead for Throws is Nick Ridgeon – firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for full details of our Regional Coach Leads – if you have any regional enquiries relating to coaching, competitions and local events, get in touch with your local RCL.
A range of opportunities are available for throws coaches throughout the year, these include:
- National Level Coach and Athlete Days – held regionally
- Regional Coach & Athlete Development Days
- Other supported throws activities
National Level Coach and Athlete Days held regionally
These activities will be targeted at all throws coaches with the aim of bringing the throws community, coaches and athletes, together to network and drive performance. All sessions will involve practical activity. We will aim to use high quality deliverers with years of experience in athletics and other sports/services and will cascade down information from the British Athletics Futures and Performance programmes. The national activities will be delivered by the Regional Coach Leads and other leading coaches and include;
- Practical activity with athletes to contextualise learning and development. Clearly mapped content will be detailed in the promotion of the events.
- Three or four days per year with invited coach and athlete pairs and open to all coaches
- Places may be limited
Regional Coach and Athlete training days
If you are a coach that works with athletes that are club level or above and are aged between 11 and 18 years old and compete at Shot, Discus, Hammer and Javelin Events then the Regional Coach and Athlete workshops are for you AND your athletes.
The throws regional training days for the next few months are now available to book. The events are free for coaches and £10 for athletes. Once you are logged nto Athletics Hub, you can use the specific coach or athlete booking links for your training day.
- Click here to see the full list of latest training days for throws (coach link)
- Click here to see the full list of latest training days for throws (athlete link)
London, South East and South West:
- Yate – 13 December 2020 11am-3pm
- Andover – 21 February 2021 11am-3pm
- Lee Valley – 28 March 2021 10.30am-2.30pm
North and Midlands:
- Moulton– 5 December 2020 10.30am-4pm
- Burton – 20 February 2021 10.30am-4pm
- Sheffield EIS – 27 March 2021 10.30am-4pm
Lee Valley and Sheffield events in partnership with British Athletics Paralympic talent development
England Athletics supported a Throws camp for U20, U17 and U15 athletes and their coaches covering the shot, hammer, discus and javelin.
Event specific activity delivered by UK and world leading practitioners. Details are published as events are announced.
UPDATE: We will be hosting a special Throws Masterclass webinar with Ashley Kovacs, coach to World Champion shot putter Joe Kovacs, on Sunday 3 January 2021. You can now book your place online – click here for more details.