A range of opportunities are available for throws coaches throughout the year, these include:
- National Level Coach and Athlete Days – held regionally
- Regional Coach & Athlete Development Days
- Other supported throws activities
National Level Coach and Athlete Days held regionally
These activities will be targeted at all throws coaches with the aim of bringing the throws community, coaches and athletes, together to network and drive performance. All sessions will involve practical activity. We will aim to use high quality deliverers with years of experience in athletics and other sports/services and will cascade down information from the British Athletics Futures and Performance programmes. The national activities will be delivered by the Regional Coach Leads and other leading coaches and include;
- Practical activity with athletes to contextualise learning and development. Clearly mapped content will be detailed in the promotion of the events.
- Three or four days per year with invited coach and athlete pairs and open to all coaches
- Places may be limited
Contact the Coach and Athlete Development Manager for Throws, Nick Ridgeon, for more information at email@example.com
Regional Coach and Athlete training days
If you are a coach that works with athletes that are club level or above and are aged between 11 and 18 years old and compete at Shot, Discus, Hammer and Javelin Events then the Regional Coach and Athlete workshops are for you AND your athletes.
England Athletics supported a Throws camp for U20, U17 and U15 athletes and their coaches covering the shot, hammer, discus and javelin.
Event specific activity delivered by UK and world leading practitioners. Details are published as events are announced.
Regional Coach Leads
- North – Paul Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org
- South/South East – Garry Power email@example.com
- Midlands – Stuart Carlaw – firstname.lastname@example.org
- South West – Mark Bradford – email@example.com