The England Athletics Event Group Lead for Speed is Shani Palmer – email@example.com
Click here for full details of our Regional Coach Leads – if you have any regional enquiries relating to coaching, competitions and local events, get in touch with your local RCL.
A range of opportunities are available for speed event coaches throughout the year, these include:
- Regional Online Coach Networks
- Speed Masterclasses (in place of National Coach and Athlete Training Days)
- Regional Coach and Athlete Training Days
Regional Online Coach Networks 2021
England Athletics is hosting online coaching network sessions, led by the Regional Coach Leads (RCL). The networks were established to offer coaches the opportunity to share good practice, discuss coaching questions or to have roundtable discussions about a particular subject. These meetings also offer the opportunity to receive support from the RCLs and other members of the group.
- North led by Graham Pilkington: click to sign up.
- South East led by Mike Leonard: click to sign up.
- South West led by Martin Owens and Harry King: click to sign up.
- Midlands led by Michael Baker: click to sign up.
Speed Masterclasses will be held around the country (this is in place of a national coach and athlete training day).
These are event specific activity delivered by UK and world leading practitioners. Details are published as events are available.
Regional Coach and Athlete Training Days
If you are a coach that works with athletes that are club level or above and are aged between 11 and 18 years old and run the 100m, 200m, 400m (or 300m) or sprint hurdles then the Regional Coach and Athlete workshops are for you AND your athletes. These sessions run between September – March.
- 400m hurdles coordinators: Point of contact for 300/400m hurdles training, competitions and any specific enquiries relating to the development of the 400m hurdles – Brian Hopkins – firstname.lastname@example.org, Marina Armstrong – email@example.com
- Relays – 4 x 100m coordinator: Point of contact for 4 x 100m training, competitions and any specific enquires relating to the development of the 4 x 100m – Harry King – hking@Englandathletics.org