The England Athletics Event Group Lead for Speed is Shani Palmer – email@example.com
Access full details of our Regional Coach Leads. If you have any regional enquiries relating to coaching, competitions and local events, get in touch with your local RCL.
A range of opportunities are available for speed event coaches throughout the year, these include:
- Regional Online Coach Networks
- Technical Camps
- Speed Masterclasses (in place of National Coach and Athlete Training Days)
- Regional Coach and Athlete Training Days
Regional Online Coach Networks
These regional online coach networks are designed to bring groups of people who share a passion for coaching together on a monthly basis to have a discussion around a particular coaching topic or to share good practice and seek advice in an informal setting.
Sprint Hurdles Technical Camps
These sessions are designed to develop athletes through the event and to help prepare sprint hurdlers who wish to apply for the Youth Talent Programme. These 2-hour camps are targeted at U15 & U17 sprint hurdlers. They will cover a variety of important technical aspects of the technical model of the event to help the athletes become faster and more effective hurdlers.
Personal coaches are encouraged to attend and observe the session. They will also have the opportunity to ask the lead coaches questions after each session.
Book your place at one of our camps in Chelmsford and Sutton on the following dates:
- Sprint Hurdles Technical Camps — 29 October 2022
- Sprint Hurdles Technical Camps — 26 November 2022
- Sprint Hurdles Technical Camps — 17 December 2022
Speed Masterclasses will be held around the country (this is in place of a national coach and athlete training day).
There are also event specific activities delivered by UK and world leading practitioners. Details are published as events are available.
Regional Coach and Athlete Development Days
If you are a coach that works with athletes that are club level or above and are aged between 11 and 18 years old and compete at Sprints or Hurdles Events then the Regional Coach and Athlete workshops are for you AND your athletes. The Spring 2022 days have now finished.
- 400m hurdles coordinators: Point of contact for 300/400m hurdles training, competitions and any specific enquiries relating to the development of the 400m hurdles – Brian Hopkins – firstname.lastname@example.org, Marina Armstrong – email@example.com
- Relays – 4 x 100m coordinator: Point of contact for 4 x 100m training, competitions and any specific enquires relating to the development of the 4 x 100m – Harry King – hking@Englandathletics.org