The England Athletics Event Group Lead for Speed is Shani Palmer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for full details of our Regional Coach Leads – if you have any regional enquiries relating to coaching, competitions and local events, get in touch with your local RCL.
A range of opportunities are available for speed event coaches throughout the year, these include:
- Regional Online Coach Networks
- Technical Camps
- Speed Masterclasses (in place of National Coach and Athlete Training Days)
- Regional Coach and Athlete Training Days
Regional Online Coach Networks 2021
England Athletics is hosting online coaching network sessions, led by the Regional Coach Leads (RCL): Graham Pilkington (North), Mike Leonard (South East), Martin Owens and Harry King (South West), Michael Baker (Midlands). The networks were established to offer coaches the opportunity to share good practice, discuss coaching questions or to have roundtable discussions about a particular subject. These meetings also offer the opportunity to receive support from the RCLs and other members of the group.
Sprint Hurdles Technical Camps
These sessions are designed to develop athletes through the event and to help prepare sprint hurdlers who wish to apply for the Youth Talent Programme. These 2-hour camps are targeted at U15 & U17 sprint hurdlers. They will cover a variety of important technical aspects of the technical model of the event to help the athletes become faster and more effective hurdlers.
Personal coaches are encouraged to attend and observe the session. They will also have the opportunity to ask the lead coaches questions after each session.
Speed Masterclasses will be held around the country (this is in place of a national coach and athlete training day).
There are also event specific activities delivered by UK and world leading practitioners. Details are published as events are available.
Regional Coach and Athlete Training Days
If you are a coach that works with athletes that are club level or above and are aged between 11 and 18 years old and run the 100m, 200m, 400m (or 300m) or sprint hurdles then the Regional Coach and Athlete workshops are for you AND your athletes. These sessions run between September – March.
- 400m hurdles coordinators: Point of contact for 300/400m hurdles training, competitions and any specific enquiries relating to the development of the 400m hurdles – Brian Hopkins – email@example.com, Marina Armstrong – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relays – 4 x 100m coordinator: Point of contact for 4 x 100m training, competitions and any specific enquires relating to the development of the 4 x 100m – Harry King – hking@Englandathletics.org