A range of opportunities are available for speed event coaches throughout the year, these include:
- National Speed Conference
- National Coach and Athlete Training days
- Regional Coach and Athlete workshops
National Coach and Athlete Training days
There will be 1 National Coach and Athlete Training Day. This will take place at Lee Valley on 6 April 2019.
These activities are targeted at coaches with an Athletics Coach qualification or equivalent (Level 2 to 4) who have established groups and are looking to challenge their coaching process. Most sessions will involve practical activity using athletes to demonstrate key coaching points. We will aim to use high quality deliverers with years of experience in athletics and other sports/services and will cascade down information from the British Athletics Futures and Performance programmes. National activities are organised by Coach and Athlete Development Managers and leading coaches. The practical activity is with athletes to contextualise learning and development. Clearly mapped content will be detailed in the promotion of the events.
For further information please contact Coach and Athlete Development Manager for Speed – James Hillier email@example.com
These are event specific activity delivered by UK and world leading practitioners. Details are published as events are available
Regional Coach and Athlete workshops
England Athletics will be hosting regional coach and athlete workshops covering the speed events.
The sessions will be delivered by our England Athletics Regional Coach Lead with support from national-level coaches in the regions. Athletes can also attend but coaches must let us know which athletes they will be bringing so we can deliver a valuable learning experience to all coaches and athletes.
Days will cover functional movement screening and a discussion of interventions to improve any movement issues that may inhibit performance and progressions. Some of this will be incorporated into a general and specific warm-up. This will be followed by a technical session that will include specific help and advice from the Regional Coach lead and the National Coaches.
Price: The fee to attend is £20
Who can attend: Workshops are targeted at Coaching Assistant and Athletics Coach plus equivalent (Level 1, 2 and 3)
Who will deliver: Sessions are delivered by the England Athletics Regional Coach Leads with support from national level coaches in the regions.
Regional Coach Leads
For any regional enquiries relating to coaching, competitions and local events, you can contact your Regional Coach Leads uing the details below. You can also find more information about you Regional Coach Leads here.
- North – Graham Pilkington – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Midlands – Andy Paul – email@example.com
- South West – Hurdles – James Hillier – firstname.lastname@example.org
- South West – Sprints – Harry King – hking@Englandathletics.org
- South East – Hurdles – Tony Jarrett – email@example.com
- South East – Sprints – Mike Leonard – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 400m hurdles coordinators: Point of contact for 300/400m hurdles training, competitions and any specific enquiries relating to the development of the 400m hurdles – Brian Hopkins – email@example.com, Marina Armstrong – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relays – 4 x 100m coordinator: Point of contact for 4 x 100m training, competitions and any specific enquires relating to the development of the 4 x 100m – Harry King – hking@Englandathletics.org