A range of opportunities are available for speed event coaches throughout the year, these include:
- Speed Masterclasses (in place of National Coach and Athlete Training Days)
- Regional Coach and Athlete Training Days
Speed Masterclasses will be held around the country (this is in place of a national coach and athlete training day).
These are event specific activity delivered by UK and world leading practitioners. Details are published as events are available.
The England Athletics Event Group Lead for Speed is Shani Palmer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Coach and Athlete Training Days
If you are a coach that works with athletes that are club level or above and are aged between 11 and 18 years old and run the 100m, 200m, 400m (or 300m) or sprint hurdles then the Regional Coach and Athlete workshops are for you AND your athletes. These sessions run between September – March. Book on to a development day here.
Regional Coach Leads
For any regional enquiries relating to coaching, competitions and local events, you can contact your Regional Coach Leads using the details below. You can also find more information about you Regional Coach Leads here.
- North – Graham Pilkington – email@example.com
- Midlands – Andy Paul – firstname.lastname@example.org
- South West – Hurdles – Martin Owens – email@example.com
- South West – Sprints – Harry King – hking@Englandathletics.org
- South East – Hurdles – Tony Jarrett – firstname.lastname@example.org
- South East – Sprints – Mike Leonard – email@example.com
- 400m hurdles coordinators: Point of contact for 300/400m hurdles training, competitions and any specific enquiries relating to the development of the 400m hurdles – Brian Hopkins – firstname.lastname@example.org, Marina Armstrong – email@example.com
- Relays – 4 x 100m coordinator: Point of contact for 4 x 100m training, competitions and any specific enquires relating to the development of the 4 x 100m – Harry King – hking@Englandathletics.org