A range of opportunities are available for jumps and combined events coaches throughout the year, these include:
- National Coach and Athlete Training days
- Regional Coach and Athlete workshops
National Coach and Athlete Training days
These activities will be targeted at coaches with an Athletics Coach qualification or equivalent (Level 2 to 4) who have established groups and are looking to challenge their coaching process. Most sessions will involve practical activity using athletes to demonstrate key coaching points. We will aim to use high quality deliverers with years of experience in athletics and other sports/services and will cascade down information from the British Athletics Futures and Performance programmes. The national activities will be organised by the Coach and Athlete Development Managers and leading coaches and will include;
- Practical activity with athletes to contextualise learning and development. Clearly mapped content will be detailed in the promotion of the event
- Three or four days per year with invited coach and athlete pairs and open to all coaches
- Places will be limited
Contact the Coach and Athlete Development Manager for Jumps and Combined Events, Femi Akinsanya, for more information at email@example.com
National coach and athlete combined events workshop
The next National coach and athlete jumps workshop covering combined events will happen on 10-11 November at Loughborough University. Deliverers will be:
- Toni Minichiello – The right environment and Planning for champs
- Mick Hill – Practical Javelin session
- Mike Holmes – 800m / conditioning and Practical Shot session
- Colette Altwasser – Success starts in the head
- Michael Afilaka – Running mechanics and Planning
To book: Click here to go direct to booking page Registration closing 4 November 2018.
Regional Coach and Athlete workshops
Targeted at coaches with or aspiring to an Athletics Coach qualification but suitable for coaches setting out on their coaching journey and for established coaches looking to be challenged. Most sessions will involve practical activity using athletes to demonstrate key coaching points with clear take home and follow-up messages/work.
- Coach and Athlete Training Days or Workshops focusing on endurance events from middle to long distance
- Full day coach development sessions with athletes where indicated
- Delivered by Regional Coach Leads and other leading coaches
- Each of the four Regional Coach Leads will deliver a minimum of four coach and athlete training days in their region
- Dates are 19 August 2018, 14 October 2018, 11 November 2018, 3 March 2019
For more information contact Femi Akinsanya firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Coach Leads
Useful people to speak to in your region about anything to do with jumps and combined events coaching, training and opportunities, you can read more about your Regional Coach Leads here.
North – Jamie French – email@example.com
Midlands – Julie Dodoo – Jdodoo@englandathletics.org
South – Guy Spencer – firstname.lastname@example.org
South West – Denis Doyle – email@example.com
Event specific activity delivered by UK and world leading practitioners. Details are published as events are announced.