A range of opportunities are available for endurance coaches throughout the year, these include:
- Regional Coach and Athlete workshops
- Marathon programme
- Steeplechase programme
- Race Walk programme
Regional Coach and Athlete workshops
England Athletics runs a series of Regional Coach and Athlete Training Days across the country between September and March. Delivered by elite-level coaches, these practical event-specific sessions are tailored to either Speed, Endurance, Jumps or Throws and are perfect for club-based athletes and coaches looking to develop in areas including training, preparation and technique.
Event specific activity delivered by UK and world leading practitioners; these are smaller get togethers where a limited number of coaches can ask specific questions and explore the coaching requirements in deeper detail with the individual presenters.
One or two-day events bringing coaches together for world class content and practice. The aim will be to hold these annually where possible tying in with partners such as the European Athletics Association and the other home countries.
- Click to find out more about the European Endurance Conference to be held in Leeds on 12 to 14 November 2021
Specific event queries, camps and events:
- Marathon – Tom Craggs – email@example.com
- Walks – Andi Drake firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steeplechase – Helen Clitheroe email@example.com
England Athletics have planned a marathon programme that will support coaches and athletes with the aim of significantly raising the depth of performance. We know that we can only do this in partnership with the coaches, clubs and athletes.
By the start of the Commonwealth Games of 2022, England Athletics aim to have;
- 5 English women inside 2.30, 20 English women inside 2.40, 100 English women inside 2.55
- 5 English men inside in 2.14, 20 English men inside 2.20, 100 English men inside 2.28
After an initial camp in August 2021 England Athletics will be looking to undertake further training weekends and get togethers for athletes focused on achieving Commonwealth Games standards in 2021 and 2022. Athletes who meet the standards detailed below will be either be invited directly along with their coach to training and development camps or can complete the expression of interest form to be considered for the programme. If you are an athlete and you are just outside the standards below or have run a strong performances at other distances but haven’t yet run a half or full marathon, or if you are a coach and wish to still be kept up to date with opportunities on the programme, please still complete the form.
- Women: Marathon – 2:40 and/or Half marathon – 75:00
- Men: Marathon – 2:20 and/or Half Marathon – 65:00
Whilst the current focus is supporting athletes who meet the standards above, England Athletics plan to deliver online workshops and regional workshops later this year for others to access.
Contact: Tom Craggs, Marathon Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
England Athletics will run a series of coach and athlete training days for all interested in steeplechase. Helen Clitheroe will be working with leading steeplechase coaches and will be organising these days with the aim of providing practical advice and training tips to coaches and athletes looking to transfer into and develop in the event.
Race Walk Programme
England Athletics will run a series of coach and athlete training and development camps at the National Race Walking Centre in Leeds. In addition, we will run a series of ‘taster sessions’ and regional coach and athlete activities.
Roles in Endurance at England Athletics
- National Endurance Lead – Spencer Duval email@example.com
- Regional Coach Leads – click here for full details of our Regional Coach Leads – if you have any regional enquiries relating to coaching, competitions and local events please get in touch with your local RCL.
- Road running – for all things to do with road running and Club Run contact Tom Craggs firstname.lastname@example.org
Talent coach mentors
Helping coaches to move athletes up the pathway: