England Athletics and UKA have produced a number of documents to assist people within affiliated clubs in dealing with safeguarding and disciplinary situations. These can be found in the resource section of the website and will benefit clubs by;
- helping your club and its officers to reduce the likelihood of problems arising
- enabling the club and its officers to be better prepared and upskilled to deal with situations in the event they do arise
- giving members, and parents of young athletes, clarity and assurance that the club has sound practices in place.
The following documents will help you and your members to better understand how best to act in different situations, and how UKA and England Athletics will act if matters reach the threshold to require our involvement.
- Reporting a Safeguarding Concern within the Athletics Environment This document supports club personnel to identify the appropriate pathway for a safeguarding referral issue that has been raised at the club, this document offers reassurance and instils confidence in club personnel when making referrals.
- The UKA and England Athletics Whistleblowing Policy flowchart (PDF 106kB) outlines the whistleblowing policy as adopted by UKA and England Athletics.