Why affiliate with England Athletics?
As an affiliated club you will be able to access a range of benefits and services to help, manage and engage your club and its members, including:
- Support Services
- Partner Offers
- Club Programmes
- Competition, Events and Licensing
- Qualification & Development Opportunities
View a full list of England Athletics Club Affiliation benefits and services.
What do you need to affiliate your club?
Appoint a committee to cover a range of roles to represent your club. Club should have a committee that is made up of representatives to fulfil the following roles;
- Club Chair
- Club Treasurer
- Club Secretary
- Club Membership Secretary
- Welfare Officer
- DBS Verifier
*Please note the Club Chair and Treasurer must not be the same person.
These two roles should not be linked to individuals co-habiting/related. The role of treasurer should not be connected to other roles and be independent, due to the financial nature of the position.
Conflicts of interest should be recognised, managed by the chair and recorded. At least three of the people on the committee should be unrelated or not cohabiting.
Access Committee role descriptions.
Registered bank account in the name of the club, evidence must be uploaded on application.
Clubs should have a unique vest design and colour compared to other clubs within the same region and across potential league competitors, a digital illustration must be uploaded on application.
Clubs should only use appropriately licensed UKA coaches or leaders at a level relevant to their membership base and activities.
Minutes of the committee meeting approving the application for affiliation must be recorded to upload with your application.
The process to affiliating your club
Please have your supporting documents listed above, ready to upload online. When all documents have been received, the applicant will receive a decision within 6-8 weeks. If your application is approved, a Member Engagement Officer will be in touch for you to send your affiliation fee to activate your club registration.
The affiliation year runs from 1st April – 31st March. If you join part way through the year your club affiliation will need to be renewed on 1st April. If your club joins in January they will receive 15 months membership.
Affiliation and registration fees
The affiliation and registration fees are set in order to meet our strategic priorities to grow our sport.
Details for 2022/2023 year (1 April 2022 – 31 March 2023)
- Athlete registration fee increased by £1 to £16 per person (first rise in 5 years)
- Club affiliation fee remains fixed at £150 per club/member body.
Access to benefits
Once your affiliation has been activated your club will receive access to:
- myAthletics Portal to help manage your club membership the online club portal
- Club Standards Checklist that will help your club manage governance and duty of care
- Supporting resources (guidance and templates) through the new England Athletics Club Hub
- Services and programmes
- Use of the Roster Athletics online entry and competition management system
- Our team of Club Support Managers who will be on hand to offer advice and guidance