Online Education Resources
UKA are working with England Athletics in Partnership with EduCare. You can buy resources online from the EduCare website.
The programmes are as follows:
Safeguarding in Athletics
The purpose of this course is to help you understand what safeguarding is and what you need to put in place to help safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults, as well as promote a safe environment for everyone involved in athletics.
Specifically created for athletics, this course provides an understanding of what safeguarding is when it comes to children and young people in athletics.
- raise your awareness of the importance of safeguarding
- help you to recognise indicators of safeguarding concerns
- deal with concerns of abuse, disclosures and reporting procedures
- show you how to take action if you know or suspect that a child, young person or vulnerable adult needs help
- promote good practice in your setting and create a safer environment.
England Athletics price £10
Mental Wellbeing in Sport & Activity
This course was written in partnership with Jane Fylan, UK Athletics Duty of Care Lead and is endorsed by Double Olympic Gold Medallist, Dame Kelly Holmes MBE’s 'The Running Mind' initiative. It is aimed at those who participate in sport and their support networks such as coaches, family and medical support staff.
- a greater awareness of common mental health disorders and their prevalence amongst sports people
- recognise some of the warning signs of common mental health disorders
- an increased understanding of how the pressures of sport can impact on mental health
- understand the health benefits of participating in sport and physical activity
- know what to do if you are concerned about someone
- know how to promote mental wellbeing in sport.
England Athletics price £9.50
Preventing Bullying in Sport
Whether participating in a sport, coaching or volunteering everyone should be aware of what bullying is and how it can be prevented. This course is aimed at all staff, coaches and volunteers working in the sports sector.
- understand what bullying is
- understand prevalence of bullying in sport
- why it is important to respond to bullying
- the signs and indicators of bullying
- bullying behaviour
- the effects of bullying
- how to respond to bullying
- responding to a bullying disclosure
- promoting positive behaviour.
England Athletics price £7